Mold Removal in Red Deer Finding And Eliminating Mold
Mold thrives and reproduces in damp places. The health and mold experts say that the ideal breading grounds for mold are the inside of walls and ceiling that are exposed to a recurrent source of moisture, usually from a roof or plumbing leak. So the question is, how do you know if you have mold in your house and what do you do if you do? 'Not all mold is the same, and different people respond to mold differently,' said Dr. Eckhardt Johanning, an occupational and environmental physician with offices in Albany and Manhattan.
Dr. Johanning said that while some people may have no reaction to mold spores inside a home, those who are sensitive to mold can have allergic reactions ranging from mild to life-threatening. 'People with asthma, allergies, lung problems and immune-system dysfunction are usually more inclined to experience problems when they're exposed to mold,' he said.
Another good sign is if you feel better away from your house. This is specifically turned to allergy symptoms, breathing problems and such. If when you are away from your house you feel better, that's a good sign you might have mold in your home. Another sign is smell. If your house has a smuggy, musty smell then that could be a sign of mold growing.
Some people have said home kits are good but the reality is a home kit might indicate that you have mold in the home but they don't and can't indicate the source. That's why your best solution is to call a mold expert for a home inspection for mold. Experts use current technology to determine the place the mold is. Since visual inspection is virtually impossible they sometimes will make a hole in the wall and will test for mold spores by pulling air out of electrical switches and outlet boxes. Mold removal is a very clinical process and needs to be done under supervision of experts. There are many companies which provide the service of mold removal in Red Deer.
Some inspectors will collect dust particles on sticky tape and then examine it under a microscope. Others will seal off a room, put a fan in the window to pull air out of the room and then crawl around on their hands and knees till they find the source of the odor. Edward Olmsted, an industrial hygienist in Garrison, N.Y., said that while taking air samples is one way to address the problem, he uses another technique. 'For me, the best way is to look for moisture,' he said, explaining that he uses a moisture meter and visual inspection to detect the presence of moisture in walls, floors and ceilings. 'Once I've found a place that looks like it has had some water damage, that's where I'll look for mold.'
'Mold is like a factory that produces billions of spores,' he said. 'The factory runs only when moisture is available. Eliminate the moisture, and you shut down the factory.